Anything for extra credit

 After Gatsby’s funeral, I stayed back to get things in accord for him. Made sure all of his loose ends were tied up, tidied up the house, and was ready to pay my last respects to him. Just as I was leaving his new butler, Mayor Wolfsheim’s worker, handed me a letter saying to Nick Carraway and instantly I knew who it was from. In his fancy signature was addressed Jay Gatsby. Curious as to what surprised he had left even after he was gone, I opened it:  Hello Old Sport, if you are reading this now then it is like I predicted that I am no longer living. It’s weighed on me for so long, but I haven’t been honest with you or anyone in fact about who I truly am. It’s time you find out.


While my past that I told you was true, what I have been working towards in my life is very different from what you perceive.  I presume you are standing on my dock right now looking out at the green light. Now look a little to the right of it and you’ll see a simple, humble house situated right next to that green light. This is someone I met when I first met Daisy almost five years ago, Jayden Paik. After coming back from the war, that is who I wanted to find once more. Through illegal operations and bootlegging, I was able to build my riches trying to get as close to the green light as I could. Every night Jayden would come out to light that green light, reaching out to me, feeling so close yet so far. All these years I was too scared to approach Jayden again, throwing lavish parties, doing criminal activities, building generational wealth just as a hope that one day he would show up at my door step once again. 

This whole time you’ve known me, you must have seen me as a mad man who only wants Daisy and will do anything for her. However, after my futile attempts at Jayden the next level I had to impress Jayden was to have Daisy in order to reach a higher level of wealth. Maybe that would have finally led him back to me after all these years. As we both can see we know how that ended up. All these years I never directly reached out to that green light right in front of me. I hope it was for me…



I pray you are luckier than me Old Sport,

Jay Gatz






The picture Gatsby kept in his wallet



Comments

  1. This was an extremely creative take on the great Gatsby and I admire your courage to post this for extra credit! I think the incorporation of real students gives it an interesting light to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your plot twist advik, it definitely made this fan-fic very VERY unique. I hope you will be posting this on your schoology blog as well for your SEVEN loyal subscribers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this extremely creative approach to the prompt. We have very similar topics, but different approaches! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for this amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very funny post man, i like the picture that is featured in this post. very insightful take on the novel of the great gatsby. very comical post and the photograph that is included in this post is quite exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was honestly a very interesting take on what happened in the book and how Gatsby's and Carraway's relationship developed I would've really liked to see something like this within the actual text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah woah woah. Jayden? Wait, whaaaa??? The way you connected the green light to him instead of Daisy was umm... creative? This was very creative and I enjoyed the picture. Let's just give some photo credits next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Advik, I seriously don't understand why I am the main character in all these blogs. I WILL report this blog and notify blogger that there is someone that is cyberbullying me. For anyone reading this also, I am NOT gay and I do NOT affiliate myself with gay activities. I have already submitted this case the the fbi and the local cops. Watch your back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the plot twist and how Jayden was the real motivation all this time. Now it all makes sense! The pictures are really inspiring, although it would have been even better if you had a picture of Jayden with a big portfolio too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture on your blog was a real eye catcher. I typically don't like reading taht much but this picture motivated me to keep reading and find out more about your fan fiction. I liked how you added your own creative twist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Gatsby even about?

What's your LinkedIn????